Sung-Hee Lee (이성희)
Ph.D. in Computer Science, UCLA, 2008
Sung-Hee Lee’s research interests include modeling and animation of digital humans, avatars, and virtual characters for VR/AR, telepresence, computer game, and computer animation.
He received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 2008, and the B.S. and the M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Seoul National University, Korea, in 1996 and 2000, respectively.
He is currently an Associate Professor with the Graduate School of Culture Technology at KAIST. Prior to joining KAIST in 2013, he was an Assistant Professor at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) from 2010 to 2013, and a Postdoctoral researcher at UCLA from 2008 to 2009, and at Honda Research Institute, CA, from 2009 to 2010. He also has held positions at Rhythm & Hues Studios, CA, USA (Software Intern, 2008), Microsoft Research, WA, USA (Research Intern, 2007), Honda Research Institute, CA, USA (Research Intern, 2006), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (Visiting Scholar, 2003), and Samsung Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (Researcher, 2000-2002).
He was awarded Outstanding Ph.D. in Computer Science and Northrop Grumman Outstanding Graduate Research Award from UCLA in 2009, Achievement Award from Korea Society of Computer Graphics in 2016 and 2020, Research Innovation Award from KAIST College of Liberal Arts and Convergence Science in 2017 and 2019.
- Associate Editor, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds journal
- Technical Papers Committee Member, ACM SIGGRAPH 2022
- Program Chair, International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA), 2021
- Conference Paper Chair, Pacific Graphics Conference (PG), 2020 & 2021
- SIGGRAPH Technical Papers Conflict of Interest Coordinator, 2020
- Workshop & Poster Chair, Web3D Conference, 2020
- SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Conference Chair, Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA), 2019
- Organizing Chair, Korea Computer Graphics Society Conference (KCGS), 2018-2019
- Program Chair, International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA), 2017
- Publicity Chair, International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), 2015